Launching an Optimizely Commerce Cloud website for one of the largest and most respected wine retailers in the UK
Published September 7, 2021 by Al Higgs – CEO & Founder
As one of the largest and most respected wine retailers in the UK we were honoured to help The Wine Society rebuild their web estate to make shopping even easier, to help grow their membership and to build a new platform and foundation for the co-operative’s future.
The new site makes full use of the Optimizely platform including AI powered product and content recommendations, personalisation, streamlined collaborative content management, advanced Product Catalog Management, Order Management, site Search and A/B testing to help The Wine Society analyse and measure key sales metrics whilst ensuring the customer experience is constantly improved.
Throughout the project we’ve provided a whole host of services from Agile project management, experience design, front-end development, integration with backend systems & payment service providers and Optimizely Content and Commerce Cloud integration. This has been a hugely complex integration and we are very proud of what our team has delivered for The Wine Society.
Improvements we've made:
- Providing personalised experiences at scale: Using AI powered product and content recommendations to personalise the user experience for every member.
- Streamlined, more collaborative content management: Allowing editors and marketers to create and publish captivating content and launch promotional campaigns easily and confidently.
- Simplified checkout: Whether it be home delivery, click and collect, showroom collection or placing wines into the Society’s temperature-controlled warehouse we re-designed the checkout experience to make it all encompassing – you can now buy wine at the same time as En-Primeur, accessories, event tickets and more – a hugely improved customer journey.
- More intuitive subscription wine plans: We redesigned the Society’s wine plans from the ground up to make them easier to understand, subscribe to and manage on a monthly basis.
- Secure shopping: Keeping member data safe was a top priority and the new website is fully PCI compliant.
- Mobile first design: The new site takes a mobile first approach ensuring content is fast loading and is as intuitive to use on a mobile device as it is on a desktop computer.
Early feedback from members has been extremely positive, praising the new look and feel and improved user experience. We look forward to continuing to work with The Wine Society to build new features and experiences over the coming months and years.
Take a look at the new website at https://www.thewinesociety.com
Latest news & insight
Launching an Optimizely Commerce website for one of the largest and most respected wine retailers in the UK
- By Al Higgs